Saturday, January 26, 2013

Somebody That I Used To Know

Good morning from a chilly (26 degrees) Maryland.  We had a little bit of snow last night as well as the day before.  Nothing major thank goodness.  We've had below freezing temps for several days now and we are due for a warm up the middle of next week.  Chilly days are perfect for staying indoors and crafting.  I finished up a layout last night for Challenge #38 at Challenge Me Happy:

This fortnight we are challenging you with a SONG CHALLENGE. We give you a song – you create with whatever comes to mind for you. You might be inspired by the title, or the lyrics. You might be inspired by the song’s music video, the artist or the cover for the CD. There might be a memory you have, connected to the song, that you’d like to scrap about. The possibilities are endless, and that’s what’s so exciting with this challenge.

The song we have chosen for you this fortnight, happens to be the ringtone for Annelie, our blog owner and DT leader. A very popular song in 2012 by Gotye & Kimbra: SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW.

 I chose to use a picture of me and my mom on my wedding day.  When I look at this picture of the two of us together this is how I want to remember her, happy and smiling, a mother daughter moment.  Back then she was the somebody I used to know, long before Alzheimers robbed her of her memories and everything that made her my mom.
I used papers and embellishments from several Webster's Pages collections.
Here I used a Crafters Workshop template on the background.
Lots of stickles to highlight the flowers I fussy cut from the Webster's Pages papers:

Most special of all is this little girl (me) pointing at my mom, the somebody I used to know.
I'll be back in a few days to share my first DT project for Berry71Bleu.
Thanks for stopping by!
 . .  Debbie

 

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous photo Debbie and an amazing example of the clustering that I always associate with you :0)

Tammy E. said...

This beautiful layout is sure to put a smile on your face. And it will be wonderful to keep your memories alive of those wonderful days gone by. Just gorgeous Debbie!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a special lo for your beautiful memories of your Mom before she got sick... I loveeeeee that photo, the layers, the teacups and loveeeeeeeee the pearls!!!

Lynne said...

What a gorgeous layout!! Loving all of the layering and fussy cutting!!

Cindy Gay said...

Priceless photo. Beautiful hair! Stay warm.......it's going to get up in the 50s later in the week!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a gorgeous page Debbie and I love the way you used the song title to go along with the story of your mom. I also love the little girl pointing to her. Such a beautiful way to document a special memory!

Missy Whidden said...

This is sooo beautiful, Debbie! I love those tea cups and all your fussy cutting...wow! Stunning :) So glad you joined us at CMH!

harbourgal said...

Gorgeous Debbie! What a beautiful layout with all that fussy cutting and gorgeous memories too. Thanks for playing along with us at CMH.